WageCan Weekly Headlines 2021 W38–1
“In the long run, it won’t matter if the price of #bitcoin was .01 or .03 or .05 million dollars when you bought it.” — Michael Saylor
Weekly News Report:
1. FTX moves headquarters from Hong Kong to the Bahamas. The move comes as regulators around the world are stepping up their scrutiny of cryptocurrencies.
2. Umbrella Network announces strategic acquisition of Lucidity, a leading blockchain-based advertising and analytics platform. This deal will be accretive to Umbrella Network as early as Q1 2022. With Lucidity’s integration, the Umbrella Network will now be the highest transaction volume oracle in the world, achieved through its unique design that allows the aggregation of data.
3. Paxos announced that ABN Amro Clearing has joined the Paxos Settlement Service that uses blockchain to settle listed US equity trades. Other members include Bank of America, Credit Suisse, Instinet, Societe Generale and Wedbush.
4. French contemporary artist Auguste Partners with metaverse blockchain company Coinllectibles to mint Fusion NFT. Auguste said, “We are in exciting times. With the rise of NFTs in the art scene, it has opened many doors for artists to build their collectors base.“
5. TangoChain announces the launch of the world’s first blockchain that is 100% made of gaming applications, play-to-earn games, and NFTs. It’s the first blockchain that is entirely a game host that supports gaming platforms.
6. Brokerage platform Robinhood has appointed Johann Kerbrat from Grayscale as its new chief technology officer (CTO) to oversee its growing engineering team. The platform has quadrupled its crypto engineering team’s headcount this year and wants to double the size of the group in the next 12 months.
7. The crypto industry could add $184B of economic value to India by 2030. The industry currently employs 50,000 people in India, a number which is expected to grow to over 800,000 by the end of the decade.
8. Cross-chain bridge-equipped altcoins rally higher despite China’s crypto ban. REN, CELR and CVC ignore the market’s bearish reaction to China’s new crypto ban by posting double-digit gains.
9. LCX price rallies 300%+ after the launching DeFi Terminal 2.0. Increasing trading volume at Uniswap, a rising TVL and upgrades to its DeFi platform were followed by a new all-time high from LCX.
10. USC adapts to growing student interest in cryptocurrency. Classes are being revamped to include blockchain curriculums and crypto student organizations are rapidly growing.