“Bitcoin will be as transformative for money as the Internet was for information. By mid-2028, bitcoin’s market cap will overtake gold’s market cap, demonstrating that it is the best store-of-value asset for a digital-first world.” — Jason Yanowitz
Weekly News Report:
1. Bitcoin could hit $250,000 within the next five years as it approaches the equivalent of gold’s market capitalization, according to Morgan Creek Capital Management’s Mark Yusko. This is a network and networks grow in an exponential way. This is the fastest network in history to a trillion dollars of value.
2. Cryptocurrencies hit a valuation of…
“Both cryptocurrency and central bank-issued digital currencies can play a critical role in shaping a more inclusive recovery and a more equitable financial system.” — Dan Schulman
Weekly News Report:
1. Global payments giant Mastercard has conducted a survey of 15,569 consumers in 18 countries and found that 4 in 10 people plan to use cryptocurrency in the next year. Meanwhile, 93% of people will consider using at least one emerging payment method, such as cryptocurrency.
2. For the first time, customers of some U.S. banks will soon be able to buy, hold and sell bitcoin through their…
Baby Boomers (born 1946–1964), and Generation-X (born 1965–1980) investors worldwide heaped up cryptocurrencies and increased their Bitcoin investment since the start of the pandemic. It could potentially reveal an unprecedented change in the way investors see today, as a result of the global pandemic. In 2020 we witnessed institutional investors step forward in public support of cryptocurrency and major companies like Twitter, PayPal, and MicroStrategy put forward plans to either support crypto payments or openly invest in it themselves by adding it to their balance sheets.
With interest in crypto — and its earning potential — higher than ever, we…
“The Future of Money Is Bitcoin and CBDCs, Feat.” — Nik Bhatia
Weekly News Report:
1. Ether, the digital coin linked to the Ethereum blockchain, hit an all-time high of $3,456.57 on Tuesday as the cryptocurrency extends a rally that has seen its price gain over 350% this year. The surge has helped Ethereum overtake institutions such as The Walt Disney Company and Bank of America in terms of total market capitalization. Ether’s milestone comes with surging trader interest in the leading smart-contracts blockchain.
2. Ethereum price hits a $3.5K record as Winklevoss exchange adds Dogecoin. Gemini follows…
“I have not sold any of my Bitcoin. Tesla sold 10% of its holdings essentially to prove liquidity of Bitcoin as an alternative to holding cash on balance sheet.” — Elon Musk
1. ‘I have not sold any of my Bitcoin’: Elon Musk
2. Tesla books huge profit from Bitcoin sale in Q1
3. Russian space agency uses blockchain to protect intellectual property
4. Luxembourg PM wants nation to be the ‘digital frontrunner’ in blockchain
5. Possible Bitcoin treasury adoption as more companies cite inflation concerns
6. Iran’s central bank says officially mined…
“Bitcoin facilitates [a global economy] from the economic standpoint because it is a global currency — it doesn’t care where the borders are. It isn’t tied to one nationality or another.” — Tim Draper
1. Can an NFT from Warren Buffett’s Granddaughter Save the Dolphins?
2. Governing body of Louisiana gives Bitcoin its nod of approval
3. Bitcoin facilitates a global economy, says Tim Draper
4. Norway to start digital currency tests after four years of research
5. New ASEAN blockchain consortium targets cross-border cooperation
6. YouTuber claims he’ll buy 111 Tesla Model…
“Bitcoin is easily transportable and can be sent anywhere in the world if you have a smart phone so it’s a much better version, as a store of value, than gold.” — Bill Miller
1.WeWork Will Now Accept Cryptocurrency Payments
2. Deutsche Telekom invests in the mobile-focused public blockchain Celo
3. Bitcoin rally this year is the start of going mainstream, not a bubble, says investor Bill Miller
4. UAE employs blockchain tech for remote litigation services
5. Bitcoin transactions fees in US dollars near all-time high levels
6. Despite scams, Australian…
Get access to a smart, secure, diversification within crypto investing
“Our graphic depicts bitcoin on similar ground as the roughly 55x gain in 2013 and 15x in 2017,” Bloomberg Crypto noted in a monthly report. “To reach price extremes akin to those years in 2021, the crypto would approach $400,000, based on the regression since the 2011 high.” The cryptocurrency market capitalization hit an all-time peak of $2T as gains over the last several months attracted demand from both institutional and retail investors. The surge was led by bitcoin, which hit its own milestone by holding at a $1T market…
“The Exponential Age: Thanks to network effects, the value of #Bitcoin is increasing and w/$1.159tn has almost reached the stock market value of a classic network share #Google which is worth $1.5tn.” — Holger Zschaepitz
1. Billionaire Mark Cuban invests in NFT data platform CryptoSlam
2. Auction house Sotheby’s Pak NFT sale yields nearly $17M
3. We’re closer to a bitcoin ETF, ‘but we’re not all the way there yet,’ market analyst says
4. China may test its digital currency with foreign visitors at the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics
5. UK government…
“Bitcoin is the world’s first digital monitoring network, and it’s a technology. And when you start thinking of it as a better technology for money, then you realize that it’s not just a trade. It’s actually a way to think about the world.” — Michael Saylor
1. ETF investors say Coinbase listing will cause explosion in crypto investing
2. ‘We’re just getting started’ — Novogratz says bitcoin value only a fraction of global wealth
3. Cryptocurrency Market Overtakes Apple — The World’s Most Valuable Company — In Market Capitalization
4. JPMorgan Testing Blockchain Solution to…
All you need to know about Blockchain, and occasionally some announcements for WageCan’s services.